|Back||The Mithraic Code of Ethics|
The Mithraic Code of Ethics|
1. Rise in the morning to pray. Pray alone. Pray in groups. Pray often. Lord Mithras, The Great Maker will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
3. Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you. You may share your path with others who are willing to follow it.
4. Treat the friendly guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them Healthy Food, give them a Good bed and treat them with Respect and Honor.
5. Do Not take what is Not yours from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. If it was not earned or freely given, then it is Not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth - whether it is people, plants or animals.
7. Honor other people's Peaceful Thoughts, Wishes and Words. Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of good people in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the Universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All persons make mistakes. And mistakes can be Forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. It is a part of your Universal family. Respect it.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant Love in their Hearts and water them with Wisdom and life's lessons. When they are grown, give them space to grow. And they will cause the world to Blossom in a Beautiful Peace.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to you.
14. Be Truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of your Will and Character.
15. Keep yourself Balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self - all need to be Strong, Pure and Healthy. Workout the body to Strengthen the mind. Grow Rich in Spirit to Cure Emotional ails.
16. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be Responsible for your own actions.
17. Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do Not touch the personal property of others without permission - especially sacred and religious objects.
18. Be True to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.
19. Respect others religious beliefs. Do Not force your belief on others.
20. Share your good fortune with others. Participate in charity.